Tuna Tartare on Scallops and Lentils
This is a great entree using fresh tuna. Fresh herbs and lemon are combined with the finely diced tuna on a lentil base in this fabulously presented dish.
1 person made this
250g cooked lentils
9 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
4 medium shallots
2 tuna steaks , sliced
4 scallops on the shell with roe
1/2 lemon, juice only
1/2 lime, juice only
100ml thickened cream
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Pour the lentils into a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Finely dice the herbs and shallots. Separate them into two equal parts and add one half to the lentils.
- Mix the lentil mixture well and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Dice the tuna, scallop and roe. Mix them in a bowl.
- Add half of herbs and shallots to the tuna mixture. Add 4 or 5 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon and lime juice, salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prepare the plates using a biscuit cutter circle. Add a layer of lentils then a layer of tuna mixture mixed with 100ml of cream.
- Remove the circle and you will have two clean layers.
- Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt on top of the tartare.
- Serve with salad greens or spinach cooked for 3 minutes in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 22.214.171.124