4 people made this
A pretty pink colour these raspberry macarons are a family favourite. I made a double batch for a breast cancer fundraiser.
1 pinch salt, to taste
3 egg whites
3 drops red food colouring, to taste
175g almond meal
1 3/4 cups (280g) icing sugar
200g raspberry jelly
Extra time:30min resting ›
- In a bowl add a pinch of salt and egg whites then whisk until stiff. Add a few drops of red food colouring until you reach the desired colour.
- In a bowl mix the almond meal with the icing sugar. Stir this mixture into egg whites and mix until smooth and shiny.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag then put about a spoonful of batter onto the baking paper at regular intervals. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Bake the macarons in the oven for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Add some raspberry jelly into a pastry bag then use to put a dollop onto the flat surface of a macaron then add a second macaron onto the jelly. The two should stick together.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate