1 / 1 Picture by: CandiceMomofToddler
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 10g dried yeast
- 4 cups (500g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (90g) sultanas
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:3hours rising › Ready in:3hours30min
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Mix the yeast with two tablespoons of lukewarm milk in a small bowl.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl; mix.
- Add melted butter in the centre of the dry ingredients then add the yeast, eggs and remaining milk. Mix until the dough is soft but not sticky. Add sultanas.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let the dough rise for an hour and a half.
- Knead the dough vigorously on a floured surface then cut in small round or long buns. Let the dough rise a second time for an hour and a half.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the buns are cooking prepare the glaze by mixing 2 tablespoons of milk with 2 tablespoons caster sugar. Bring the mixture to the boil.
- Remove the buns from the oven and brush them immediately with the glaze.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!