1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
10 people made this
These are a lovely little bread roll that have sultanas in them. I like to make them with my kids, they are amazed at how it rises then they get a non-sugary treat to eat.
1 cup (250ml) milk
10g dried yeast
4 cups (500g) plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
100g butter, melted
1/2 cup (90g) sultanas
Extra time:3hours rising ›
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Mix the yeast with two tablespoons of lukewarm milk in a small bowl.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl; mix.
- Add melted butter in the centre of the dry ingredients then add the yeast, eggs and remaining milk. Mix until the dough is soft but not sticky. Add sultanas.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let the dough rise for an hour and a half.
- Knead the dough vigorously on a floured surface then cut in small round or long buns. Let the dough rise a second time for an hour and a half.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the buns are cooking prepare the glaze by mixing 2 tablespoons of milk with 2 tablespoons caster sugar. Bring the mixture to the boil.
- Remove the buns from the oven and brush them immediately with the glaze.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate