1 / 1 Picture by: Hot Chilli
Quick Beef Bourguignon
- 60g butter
- 4 onions, diced
- 200g bacon, diced
- 2kg skirt or chuck steak, cut into cubes
- 40g plain flour
- 1 (750ml) bottle red Burgundy wine
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 300g white closed cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:3hours › Ready in:3hours20min
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onions and bacon. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Cook the meat until brown then sprinkle with the flour. Add the red wine and stock.
- Return the bacon and onions then add the bay leaf, bouquet garni, tomato paste, carrots, mushrooms and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper then stir well and simmer for 3 hours over low heat.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!