1 / 2
2 / 2
3 people made this
Cooking this dessert in a water bath makes the texture of it very delicate. It is chocolately but with a slight rum note.
4 eggs, separated
4 tablespoons caster sugar
3 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon rum
200g dark cooking chocolate
1/4 cup (65ml) milk
1 pinch salt, to tatse
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- Line a bread tin with aluminium foil and fill a larger dish with water to make a double boiler. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C then place in the water filled dish.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until light then add the flour and rum.
- In a saucepan melt the chocolate in the milk over low heat then add the butter cut into pieces. Remove from heat then add to the egg mixture and stir.
- In a bowl add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk the egg whites until stiff then add and gently stir into the chocolate batter.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and add to the water dish in the oven for 35 minutes (You can put something heavy on top to prevent it from moving in the water pan while cooking).
- Once cooked remove the 2 pans from the oven and leave the tin in the water dish to cool then refrigerate for several hours before eating.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate