1 / 1
3 people made this
These donuts are known in Switzerland as 'Tortelli di San Giuseppe'. They were originally made for St. Joseph's Day on 19th March but are now becoming popular as a dessert and carnival food.
1 cup (250ml) water
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 1/4 cups (160g) flour
1/2 lemon, zested
1 tablespoon cognac
fat, for frying
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add the flour and cook stirring continuously.
- Add lemon peel and brandy. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and stir in to the mixture. Refrigerate batter for 2 hours.
- Heat the fat. With teaspoons make small balls of dough and fry. Leave them in the hot fat until they are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel then sprinkle with icing sugar.
its sad to know what kind of flour to use when stated like flour or plain flour or self raising flour
- 13 Dec 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate