1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
As far as cheese pies go this is a pretty easy one to make, a layer of grated cheese is placed in the homemade pastry shell then a milk/cream filling is added before being baked.
70g cold butter, cut into pieces
1 pinch salt, to taste
500g Gruyere or similar cheese, grated
200ml thickened cream
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Pastry: Sieve the flour into a heap on the work surface. Cool you hands by running them under cold water. Form a hollow in the middle of the flour and pour in the cold butter and salt.
- Gradually add the water. With cold hands mix the dough with your fingers until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Knead the dough; it should remain soft and not be elastic. Form the dough into a ball then cover with a cloth and leave for about two hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Grease a baking tray well with butter.
- Roll the dough flat on a floured work surface then lay it in the baking tray. Prick with a fork several times. Spread the grated cheese over the dough.
- Filling: Whisk the milk, cream and egg then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cheese and bake pie in preheated oven 30-40 minutes. Surface should be well browned
Write a review
Click on stars to rate