1 / 1
2 people made this
Known in Italy as 'Puttanesca' with varying histories and connotations it is effectively an easy to make pasta dish using ingredient found in you 'larder' or now-days cupboard.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tablespoon anchovy paste, optional
475ml ready-made tomato pasta sauce
1 tablespoon capers
20 pitted Kalamata olives
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 small bunch basil
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil with a splash of olive oil and salt. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water.
- In the meantime heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Fry the garlic until translucent.
- Add the pasta sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper and pepper. Finely dice the basil and add at the very end.
- Once the spaghetti is al dente, drain and mix immediately with the sauce. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate