Vegan Wholegrain Pasta
- 1 cup (125g) soy flour
- 1 cup (125g) wholemeal flour
- 50g spelt flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 100ml water, or as needed
Preparation:30min › Cook:5min › Ready in:35min
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soy flour, wholemeal flour, spelt flour and salt. Add water and mix by hand or in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. Use more water as needed to form a stiff but pliable dough. Mix or knead by hand for about 10 minutes. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes, or if you do not have a pasta machine, rest for at least an hour.
- Divide dough into four pieces for easier rolling. Run dough through a pasta machine if you have one, or use a rolling pin to roll out very thin, but not transparent, on a floured surface.
- If you are making pasta without a machine, allow the pasta sheet to dry for a few minutes. Dust with flour and roll into a loose tube. Slice the tube into 1/2 cm slices for linguine, or to desired size.
- To cook: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 1 to 5 minutes depending on thickness. Cooked pasta will float to the top of the water.
This dough was light and very easy to manipulate. I mixed it for 10-12 minutes with a dough hook attachment, rolled it out using a pasta machine and cooked it fresh. Absolutely delicious! - 29 Sep 2008
Great! Ever since I became a vegan it has been hard to find things I can eat but this is fantastic! Tasty and vegan. - 29 Sep 2008
Great basic recipe, good to base things on. - 29 Sep 2008