Cottage Cheese Cheesecake
- 200g plain flour
- 75g sugar
- 75g softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500g cottage cheese
- 2/3 cups (155g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pastry: Knead the flour, sugar, butter, egg and baking powder into a dough.
- Roll out between two layers of baking paper then line a greased cake tin on the bottom and 2cm up the sides.
- Filling: Whisk the cottage cheese with sugar, vanilla, custard powder and oil until creamy with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs, milk and lemon zest. Pour into the pastry and bake in the bottom of the preheated oven for 1 hour.
A technical glitch caused the prep steps in this recipe to be out of order. They are now in the correct order. Thanks EmeraldMaz! - 10 Jan 2011
I haven't actually tried the recipe yet, but almost decided not to try it because the first step simply said to "roll out" without explaining what (though I did realise it meant the pastry) or how to make it. I suggest that the method needs to be revised, as it is incoherent at the moment. - 09 Jan 2011