1 / 1
1 person made this
Puff pastry is filled with a walnut and orange filling before being baked. They make a great dessert with ice cream or as a finger food.
500g puff pastry
40g butter, melted
350g walnuts, finely diced
1 orange, zested
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Cut the puff pastry into 10cm diameter circles. Lay the dough circles on top of each other and wrap in cling film.
- Mix walnuts, sugar, orange zest and orange juice to a paste.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into the middle of each puff pastry circle and fold the circle into a crescent. Squeeze the edges closed with your fingers.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the top of each crescent with the melted butter, place on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until they are have risen and are a light golden yellow colour.
- Allow to cool then dust with icing sugar to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate