1 / 1 Picture by: Em
Cabbage Rolls with Yoghurt Sauce
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanas, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, diced
- 300g cooked rice
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- Yoghurt Sauce
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 1 pinch allspice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely diced or 1 teaspoon dried mint
Preparation:30min › Cook:25min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a baking dish.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water and place immediately in a bowl of ice-cold water. Drain in a sieve. Cut off the woody tip.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan then fry onion and garlic until translucent. Add tomato paste, almonds and sultanas then fry further for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, parsley and rice; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread filling on the cabbage leaves and roll into tight rolls folding in the edges of the cabbage leaves. Place in the baking dish with the seams down.
- Heat the chicken stock and pour over the cabbage rolls. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Yoghurt Sauce: Mix all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Chill and serve with the warm cabbage rolls.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!