Basic Jam Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups (280g) flour
- 1/3 cup (90g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250g) natural yoghurt
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 tablespoons jam of your choice
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place 8 patty cups into your muffin tray.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the egg and natural yoghurt together. Mix in the butter and the vanilla essence. Mix the dry ingredients into the egg/yoghurt mixture until just combined.
- Pour just under half of the mixture into the 8 patty cups. Add 1 tablespoon of jam in the middle of reach muffin. Put the rest of the mixture on top so that the jam is completely enclosed.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven until the cupcakes are golden brown on top. Let cool for 5 minutes then remove them from the tray.
Hi connieprie, the missing information has been obtained and filled in. Sorry for the inconvenience - 02 Dec 2010
There is something missing from this recipe - unit measure for flour, and method after step 3. results were awful - more like a scone not a cupcake - 02 Dec 2010