1 / 1
5 people made this
This is a tasty eggplant quiche that has no pastry base, it includes ham, basil and mozzarella cheese. Serve with your favourite salad.
1 pinch coarse salt, to taste
1 dash olive oil, for frying
300g cooked ham, diced
300g mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons basil, diced
100g Parmesan, grated
1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel and cut the eggplants into 1cm thick slices. Immediately sprinkle slices with coarse salt and leave to sweat for an hour; this draws out the bitter taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Rinse eggplant under cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towel. Fry in olive oil until tender. Remove from frypan and drain over paper towel to absorb excess oil from the eggplant.
- Grease a 23cm cake tin and layer half the eggplant in it. Put the ham, mozzarella and basil on top of the eggplant followed by the remaining eggplant.
- Whisk the eggs with Parmesan, salt and pepper then pour over the eggplant. .
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and then carefully flip it over onto a plate. Serve lukewarm or at room temperature
Write a review
Click on stars to rate