Cherry and Mustard Chutney
- 325g fresh sweet cherries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 70ml cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g sugar
Preparation:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes over medium heat stirring often.
- Pour hot chutney into a sterilised jar and screw lid on tightly. Cool at room temperature and then store in the fridge.
Loved this recipe. So easy and tastes great with turkey, ham and cheese. Had to stop myself from putting it with everything. I added a small red chilli as we like a little zing. Have made twice and each time 100%. - 29 Dec 2010