Quince and Apple Jam
- 500g quince, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 500g apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125g) sugar
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Place the quince, lemon juice and water in a saucepan then bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the apples and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes until the fruit is very soft. Remove from the stove and pass through a sieve.
- Warm the jam jars in the oven.
- Add the fruit pulp back to the saucepan and heat again stirring constantly. Pour it straight into the warm, sterilised jars and seal.
- Place a tea towel in a deep saucepan, place the jars on it and cover with water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Store the jars in a cool place.
While you are peeling and dicing the quince place it in a large bowl filled with water and the juice of 1 lemon. This prevents the quince from discolouring.
I added mine when cooking quince,lemon juice and water. - 09 Apr 2014
At what point do you add the sugar..........it doesn't mention it! Unless I'm going mad... - 24 Oct 2013