- For the Salad:
Place the vermicelli noodles into boil hot water; turn the heat off and allow them to sit for 3 to 4 minutes then strain and cool with cold water.
- Marinate the prawns with olive oil and light soy sauce.
- Place the prawns on to a hot char-grill for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning once done.
- Roast the macadamia nut pieces in a dry pan on the barbecue while constantly tossing them until the fines begin to darken; transfer them to a large mixing bowl to cool.
- For the dressing:
To the lemon aspen syrup, add enough of the vinegar to lessen the sweetness and give a suggestion of tartness.
- Add some of the chopped chilli.
- Grate a knuckle of ginger on a slab grater and squeeze a teaspoonful of the juice into the dressing.
- Allow the mix to stand for the flavours to infuse.
Once all the prawns are cooked, combine all of the ingredients, including the dressing in the bowl with the toasted macadamia nuts, toss well and place on to a large serving plate and dust with Lemon Myrtle to finish.
See it on my blog
Recipe provided by Cherikoff Rare Spices