Mum's Easy Sausage Rolls
Makes: 24 large or 48 small rolls
- 1 kg sausage mince
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packet bread crumbs
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry (not butter)
- barbeque sauce
- milk for pastry edges
Preparation:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- In a mixing bowl add sausage mince, garlic, onion, carrot, egg and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Separate sheets of puff pastry, leaving plastic sheet face down then cut in half while still frozen.
- Using a teaspoon, lay mixture lengthways on each half sheet. Using a squirt bottle of bbq sauce, add at least 2 squirts along each length of mince. Using your finger tips, rub 1 edge of pastry with milk, and roll pastry so that the edges overlap.
- Each roll can be cut in half for large rolls or 4 for smaller bite size rolls. Bake at 180 degrees C on a baking paper lined tray for approx 35 mins.
- 28 Feb 2011
Mum made these again recently, but accidentally bought BUTTER puff pastry...my brother was very disappointed and I must agree...not as nice !! - 08 Aug 2011
Thanx guys, mum is thrilled you love her recipe. Working on her easy Onion dip for you! - 02 Oct 2011