1 / 1 Picture by: ixmaybexugly
Shortcrust Pumpkin Pie
Serves : 5
- 425g pumpkin, diced
- 1 shortcrust pastry pie shell
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg, to taste
- 1 pinch allspice, to taste
- 95g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 medium egg
- 30ml cream
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Extra time:1day setting › Ready in:1day1hour30min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Steam pumpkin for approximately 30 minutes then leave to cool slightly.
- Blind bake the pastry shell in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take out and leave to cool.
- Blend or mash the steamed pumpkin into a purée.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and dark brown sugar to the pumpkin mixture and stir.
- Whisk the egg and egg yolk in a bowl then add to the mixture along with the cream.
- Fill the pastry shell with the pumpkin mixture. Lower the oven to 160 degrees C and bake the pie for 35 minutes.
- When cooked leave pumpkin mixture to set. And when cool put in fridge overnight to continue to set.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!