Shortcrust Pumpkin Pie
1 / 1
4 people made this
In America pumpkin pie is associated with Thanksgiving and Halloween but it is good to eat all year. Mashed pumpkin is spiced then baked in a shortcrust pie shell.
425g pumpkin, diced
1 shortcrust pastry pie shell
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg, to taste
1 pinch allspice, to taste
95g dark brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 medium egg
Extra time:1day setting ›
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Steam pumpkin for approximately 30 minutes then leave to cool slightly.
- Blind bake the pastry shell in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take out and leave to cool.
- Blend or mash the steamed pumpkin into a purée.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and dark brown sugar to the pumpkin mixture and stir.
- Whisk the egg and egg yolk in a bowl then add to the mixture along with the cream.
- Fill the pastry shell with the pumpkin mixture. Lower the oven to 160 degrees C and bake the pie for 35 minutes.
- When cooked leave pumpkin mixture to set. And when cool put in fridge overnight to continue to set.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate