Basted Barbecued Chicken
This is a lovely barbecued chicken dish where the chicken is continually basted in a spicy tomato based sauce.
7 people made this
4 chicken breasts or thighs
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 spring onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, spring onion, chicken stock, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and sugar. Brush the sauce over the chicken.
- Barbecue the chicken for 30 minutes or until it is cooked through. Baste with the sauce from time to time during the cooking period.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a warmed serving dish.
- Add the remaining barbecue basting sauce to a saucepan. Heat the sauce gently until it is hot. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52