Turkey and Potato Goulash
1 / 1
3 people made this
This is a turkey goulash that is simple to cook and a delight to eat. Turkey is joined by potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms in a rich tomato sauce.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
4 large onions, peeled and roughly diced
1 kg boneless turkey, cut into small cubes
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
3 tablespoons potato flour
1 kg medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
750g mushrooms, sliced
10 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
6 stalks celery, sliced
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
450ml chicken stock
200ml red wine
2 sprigs parsley, to garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until for about 4 minutes or until the onion is no longer transparent.
- Add turkey cubes, salt, pepper, cinnamon and paprika then cook gently on all sides for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the potato flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potato, mushrooms, carrots, celery and tomato sauce.
- Pour in the chicken stock and red wine.
- Cover and bring to the boil then simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate