1 / 1
3 people made this
The chicken is fried in butter before being finished in a cider and parsley sauce in the oven. Serve hot with roast potatoes and vegetables.
340g chicken, either left whole or cubed
1 large onion, diced
60g plain flour
420ml chicken stock
280ml dry cider
1 pinch salt and pepper ,to taste
150g mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons parsley, diced
- Melt 1/3 of the butter and gently fry the chicken and onion for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the frypan and place in a casserole dish.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in the flour gradually then add stock and cider stirring continuously to make a smooth sauce. Season well.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and onion. Cover and cook in an oven preheated to 180 degrees C for 30-40 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the cream and garnish with the rest of the parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate