Chickpea and Potato Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (400g) tins chickpeas, drained
- 900g potatoes, cubed
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons ready made pesto
- 8 tablespoons sour cream or creme fraiche
Preparation:15min › Cook:4hours › Ready in:4hours15min
- Combine all ingredients except for the pesto and sour cream in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Once finished cooking add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls then swirl pesto and sour cream into each bowl. Serve immediately.
Great recipe......maybe a little too much liquid though. Instead of the pesto and sour cream at the end, I made a paste with plain flour and almond milk to stir through, which thickened nicely. My partner, who is not a great fan of "meatless" meals, really enjoyed this dish and scraped his plate clean!!! - 14 Jul 2013