Chicken with Cashew Nuts
This is a chicken stew recipe that is cooked in a slow cooker with curry and chilli flavours then finished off with cashews.
6 people made this
4 chicken portions, skinned
2 onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 level tablespoon curry powder
1 level teaspoon chilli powder
500ml chicken stock, hot
100g unsalted cashews
150g plain yoghurt, low fat
1 tablespoon cornflour
- Preheat slow cooker.
- Fry onions and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes without colouring; add to cooker.
- Fry chicken to colour; add to cooker.
- Stir flour, curry powder and chilli into frying pan to absorb juices then let cook for a minute.
- Add hot stock slowly and bring to the boil; add to cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
- About 45 minutes from end add nuts. Mix cornflour with yoghurt and add a spoon at a time making sure to mix it in thoroughly.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (5)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11