Saffron Potato Bake
This potato bake has the normal potato, onion, cream and cheese in it but then it has the saffron that takes it to a whole different place.
2 people made this
12 medium potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon all seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic bread seasoning
1/2 teaspoon saffron or substitute
60g cheese, grated, can be cheddar, Gouda or similar mild cheese
- Cover the base of a deep dish with a rough layer of potatoes then half the onion. Sprinkle half the all seasoning and garlic salt over.
- Repeat process with potatoes, second half of onion and seasonings.
- Add a final layer of potatoes. They should be about 2cm below the top of the dish.
- Sprinkle saffron over top layer then add cream up to nearly the top of potatoes.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees C for 1 hour then remove and cover with grated cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 1/2 hour. Remove and serve.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (2)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11