1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a plain paratha dough recipe, which you can eat as is or use as a base for your favourite fillings.
3 cups (375g) wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
1 - 2 tbsp oil
4 tsp ghee or oil, for frying
- Sieve the flour with the salt. Add enough water gradually till you have a soft dough (not sticky).
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 portions. Roll each portion into 12 to 15cm discs and brush with a bit of the oil. Fold in half, then brush with ghee and fold again.
- Roll out and cook one paratha at a time on a hot frying pan or tava, turning once. After a minute of cooking, add a little ghee or oil around the edges of the paratha, which should make it puff up.
- Turn again and fry the other side. When brown patches appear on both sides, the paratha is ready.
- Repeat for the rest of the paratha dough. Serve warm with curries, raitas, chutneys and dals.Repeat for the rest of the paratha dough. Serve warm with curries, raitas, chutneys and dhals.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate