1 / 1 Picture by:
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground mace, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml honey
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plum jam
- 150g dark chocolate, in chunks
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sieved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices together in a bowl.
- Heat the honey and butter gently in a small saucepan until the butter melts. Cool until only just warm then mix in the egg.
- Add the honey mixture to the spiced flour and mix well to form a dough. Chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper, then grease.
- Shape the dough into balls about 2.5cm in diameter and arrange on the prepared tray. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and well risen. Cool.
- Cut the tops off. Put a little jam inside then replace the tops. Melt the dark chocolate. Dip the jam-filled biscuits into the chocolate until completely covered. Leave to dry on baking paper.
- Mix the icing sugar with 1/4 cup water to form a thin glaze. Use this to ice the remaining biscuits and leave to dry on greaseproof paper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!