Slow Cooked Beef Casserole
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g cubed beef
- 30g flour
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
Preparation:25min › Cook:9hours › Ready in:9hours25min
- Fry onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
- Raise heat to medium high. Toss beef in flour then add to the onion and garlic to brown slightly. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker then cook for 9 hours.
I always brown the meat first as it adds flavour. Just ask Manu! Putting it on high in the slow cooker reduced the cooking time to 3-4 hours. My wife and I loved it. - 11 Apr 2012
Altered ingredient amounts. I didn't bother with pre-cooking the onions, garlic or browning the meat. I left out the flour as I don't need the extra calories. I just piled it all into the slow cooker and it turned out great. I will cook this again. - 20 Apr 2011
Our family loved this. Forgot the capsicum but added carrots. Turned out really yum! - 10 Apr 2013