Plain Condensed Milk Cheesecake
- 200g plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 100g caster sugar
- 110g melted butter
- 675g cream cheese, softened
- 2 x 395g tins condensed sweetened milk
- 125ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300g whipping cream, whipped
- fruit of your choice to top
Preparation:25min › Extra time:3hours chilling › Ready in:3hours25min
- Stir together plain sweet biscuit crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into a 20x30cm rectangular baking dish.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla essence until well blended and smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Pour filling over base and smooth the top.
- Top with fruit filling. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
This was easy to follow but instead of using whipped cream I added sour cream and used a honey joy recipe for the base for a gluten free cheese cake it was so yummy I've made it twice in one week - 06 Jan 2012
This has always been my fav., cheese cake. I'd like to point out to those who are making this for the 1st time. Please use freshly squeezed lemon juice. - 02 Sep 2013
This is the recipe I grew up with. Yum. - 25 Aug 2013