1 / 1
18 people made this
This is similar to a minestrone soup with rich tomato flavours, vegetables, lentils and spaghetti. It is very low fat yet still tastes great.
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (400g) tin plum tomatoes, pureed or finely diced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
245g red split lentils
1 tablespoon tomato paste
750ml vegetable stock
- In enough water to cover the bottom of your saucepan cook the onion and garlic.
- Add the tinned tomatoes to the onion and garlic.
- Add the zucchini, carrot and red capsicum to the saucepan.
- Add the basil, oregano, lentils and tomato paste and mix well.
- Turn the heat up until bubbling and add the stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Break the spaghetti into tiny pieces and add to the soup. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate