1 person made this
These currant tea cakes remind me of my grandmother. If you don't want to use raisins substitute with sultanas or mixed fruit.
800g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
120g caster sugar
2 teaspoons dried yeast
2 teaspoons dried milk powder
450ml tepid water
Extra time:1hour proofing ›
- In a mixing bowl mix together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast and milk powder.
- Add water and mix until soft and pliable; around 5 minutes. More or less water may vary due to flour protein content.
- When mixed tip out on work surface and work by hand.
- Finally add fruit evenly by hand until dispersed evenly. Divide into balls; each roll should be scaled at 90g.
- Each teacake should be balled, moulded and rested 5 minutes before pinning out into teacake shapes.
- Place on warm greased baking tray and cover with tea towel for 60 to 70 minutes. When double in size bake at 220 degrees C for 8 minutes.
oh dear... 'epic fail', I made great paper weights. I may need more practice making breads/buns?!
- 27 May 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate