1 / 1 Picture by:
Baked Bean Pie
- 6 to 8 potatoes, large chunks
- 12 thick sausages
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, diced, optional
- 200g mushrooms, quartered, optional
- 2 or 3 (400g) tins baked beans
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
- 200g cheese, grated
Preparation:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Peel potatoes, boil or steam, then make into mashed potato. I like to add some butter and milk to mine to make the creamy.
- While potatoes are cooking. Grill sausages and bacon until cooked. Once cooked cut sausages into 3 pieces and bacon into small pieces. Fry onions and mushrooms until cooked; if using them.
- In a large casserole dish mix baked beans and tomatoes. Add sausages, bacon, onion and mushrooms; stir together. Top with mashed potato and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in oven at 200 degrees C for 30 to 40 minutes; until cheese has melted. Place a tray under casserole dish as bean juice may bubble over sides.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!