1 / 1 Picture by: SeattleJoyce
Stir Fried Lettuce with Shiitake Mushrooms
- 12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 500ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 125ml low salt chicken stock
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium iceberg lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation:20min › Cook:26min › Ready in:46min
- Combine hot water and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl; let them stand for 20 minutes. Strain mushrooms and save the liquid in another bowl. Rinse mushrooms. Remove and discard stems. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil then ginger; cook 30 seconds. Add reserved mushrooms; stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir oyster sauce, sugar and cornflour in a small bowl; add into mushrooms. Add reserved mushroom liquid and stock; bring to a boil. Cover then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Heat the wok over high heat. Add remaining tablespoon oil then the garlic; stir fry 10 seconds. Add lettuce; stir fry 2 minutes or until lettuce wilts. Add mushroom and salt; cook 2 minutes, then serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!