1 / 1 Picture by:
Beef Chilli Soup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 (400g) tin kidney beans
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 (400g) tins diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 dash red wine, to taste
- 1 dash chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 pinch chilli powder, to taste
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- In a large saucepan fry the crushed garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes. Add the beef and cook until just brown. Add the beef stock cube and stir.
- Add the beans and red capsicum; stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the diced tomatoes. Half fill each empty tin with water and add this to the mix. Stir well.
- Stir in tomato puree or passata, vegetable stock, wine, chilli sauce and power and any other herbs and spices you usually put in your chilli.
- Make it as hot or mild as you like. Season well with salt and black pepper. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in the juice of the lime and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!