Chocolate Scones and Brandied Cream
1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a nice recipe all year around but seems really good at Christmas when the chocolate and brandy really match the season's flavours.
175g self raising flour
30g cocoa powder
60g chocolate chips
30g caster sugar
250ml whipped cream
1 tablespoon brandy
1 cup fresh fruit eg. strawberries or apricots, diced
- Sift flour and cocoa into a food mixer. Add in butter. Turn on mixer to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the chocolate chips and sugar. Add in the milk while the mixer is still on until the mixture forms into a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board. Roll out to 2.5 cm thickness. Cut into 8 rounds using a 6 cm biscuit cutter.
- Transfer onto a greased baking tray. Bake in a hot oven of 230 degrees C for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream then stir in the brandy. Serve the scones with the brandied cream and diced fresh fruit.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate