1 / 1 Picture by: Pink
Chocolate Scones and Brandied Cream
- 175g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 60g butter
- 60g chocolate chips
- 30g caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 250ml whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup fresh fruit eg. strawberries or apricots, diced
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Sift flour and cocoa into a food mixer. Add in butter. Turn on mixer to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the chocolate chips and sugar. Add in the milk while the mixer is still on until the mixture forms into a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board. Roll out to 2.5 cm thickness. Cut into 8 rounds using a 6 cm biscuit cutter.
- Transfer onto a greased baking tray. Bake in a hot oven of 230 degrees C for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream then stir in the brandy. Serve the scones with the brandied cream and diced fresh fruit.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!