Crunchy Cinnamon Nut Cake
4 people made this
You have to try this cake to see how truly crunchy it is! It's different! Use any mixed nuts you like.
for the cake
3/4 cup (185g) caster sugar
1 1/2 cups (190g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
for the topping
1/2 cup (80g) soft brown sugar
30g butter, melted
30g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (60g) chopped mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream sugar and butter, beat in egg and milk. Sift in the flour with baking powder and salt and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Spread half of the batter thinly over bottom of cake tin. Cover batter with just over half the topping mix then spoon over the rest of the cake batter and spread evenly with a fork.
- Scatter over the remaining topping and press down very lightly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
yummy! Used buttermilk in place of plain milk.
- 30 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate