Slow Cooked Chicken and Bacon Casserole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken portions
- 1 rasher smoked bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed, optional
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, cut in 5mm slices
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 230ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:6hours › Ready in:6hours15min
- Heat the oil in a large frypan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Transfer to the slow cooker bowl.
- To the frypan add the bacon, onion, garlic, carrots and celery then gently fry for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and then gradually add the stock, tomato paste and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil stirring continuously. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook for 6 – 8 hours on low.
it was lovely! I added mushrooms, caps, and fresh thyme as well. - 10 May 2011
Very delicious, thoroughly enjoyed it and it smelt great, thanks for sharing! - 30 Mar 2011