1 / 1
13 people made this
This is a simple set yet tasty set of carrot cupcakes. They are cooked uniquely in a normal cake tin providing extra character.
150g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
130g softened butter
130g brown sugar
75g grated carrot
100g cream cheese
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1 dash lemon flavouring or lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put 12 cup cake cases into a cake tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, carrot and eggs.
Beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until they spring back when pressed.
- Transfer cakes to a wire cake rack leave until cold.
- Icing: Mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar in a bowl then spread on the cakes. Put in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set the icing.
I added 2T of dessicated coconut to the dry mix. Very easy and tastes great!
- 15 Feb 2015
Very easy, and tasty. Very moist and the icing was a tasty finishing touch
- 26 Oct 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate