Beef and Bean Chilli Sauce
1 / 1
4 people made this
This is a very blokey recipe that is so easy to prepare. It even has the blokey secret ingredient of baked beans. This makes an excellent chilli con carne-type pasta sauce.
500g beef mince
1 tablespoon oil, for cooking
1 large onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, finely diced, optional
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1 pinch of paprika, to taste
1 pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
1 (400g) tin of diced tomatoes
1 (400g) tin red kidney beans
1 bay leaf
200g spaghetti or other pasta
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 (400g) tin baked beans
- In a large saucepan over a low heat slowly brown the beef mince in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Add the onion and garlic then cover the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- When the onion has gone translucent stir in the chilli powder, paprika and cayenne pepper; turn up the heat and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the tin of diced tomatoes, red kidney beans (including the liquid) and the bay leaf. Continue stirring whilst bringing to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let it simmer for half an hour; stirring occasionally.
- Let the chilli continue simmering while you prepare the pasta in plenty of salted water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost ready add the salt and the baked beans to the beef mince and bring back to the boil; stirring constantly.
- Serve the chilli over the pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate