1 / 1 Picture by: TRICIA JAEGER
Beef and Bean Chilli Sauce
Serves : 4
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon oil, for cooking
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced, optional
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 pinch of paprika, to taste
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 (400g) tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin red kidney beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 200g spaghetti or other pasta
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 (400g) tin baked beans
Preparation:5min › Cook:45min › Ready in:50min
- In a large saucepan over a low heat slowly brown the beef mince in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Add the onion and garlic then cover the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- When the onion has gone translucent stir in the chilli powder, paprika and cayenne pepper; turn up the heat and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the tin of diced tomatoes, red kidney beans (including the liquid) and the bay leaf. Continue stirring whilst bringing to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let it simmer for half an hour; stirring occasionally.
- Let the chilli continue simmering while you prepare the pasta in plenty of salted water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost ready add the salt and the baked beans to the beef mince and bring back to the boil; stirring constantly.
- Serve the chilli over the pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!