1 / 1 Picture by: Dianne
Banana Muffins with Orange Icing
- 2 cups (250g) self raising flour
- 2/3 cups (155g) caster sugar
- 75g fine oat bran
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 3 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (170ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 6 heaped tablespoon icing sugar
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl tip the flour, sugar and oat bran; form a well in the centre.
- In another bowl using a fork or potato masher mash the bananas then mix in the eggs, oil and milk.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon stir everything together for a few seconds until only just combined but still quite lumpy. The lumps will disappear during baking.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool for 2 minutes in the tin then transfer to the wire rack to cool.
- For the icing: Add enough orange juice to the icing to make a smooth paste. Drizzle the orange icing over the muffins and leave to set before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!