Bean, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
This is a simple healthy salad using green beans, tomatoes and cucumber dressed in a simple vinegar and lemon mix.
Be the first to make this!
375g green beans
8 tomatoes, blanched and skinned
1 cucumber, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Top and tail beans. If necessary run a peeler down the sides to remove any strings.
- Tie beans in a bundle and cook in plenty of salted boiling water for about 20 minutes. When just tender lift out and dip into cold water to refresh then drain thoroughly.
- Blanch, skin and remove seeds of the tomatoes.
- Peel cucumber then quarter longways and cut into small pieces.
- Mix the vinegar, oil and lemon juice together to make the dressing.
- Dress each of the vegetables separately then arrange on a dish with the beans in the centre and the tomatoes and cucumber on either side.
- Sprinkle with the remaining dressing.
To cook beans to perfection bring them to the boil and as soon as they turn that lovely bright green colour take them off the stove but leave them in the water; covered until they are tender.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11