1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
Ideal for pear season this is a simple dessert that looks gorgeous with a little custard or cream. The poaching apple juice can be thickened and used as a sauce.
4 medium ripe pears
2 tablespoons lemon juice
5 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
4 tablespoons sultanas
2 tablespoons (60g) honey
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
150ml apple juice
Extra time:45min ›
- Halve and core pears making sure you core enough to get a nice hollow inside the pear. Brush insides of pears with some of the lemon juice.
- In a bowl combine the walnuts, sultanas, honey, brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into pears.
- Place in a greased baking dish peel side down. If the pears won't sit in the baking dish properly cut a bit off the bottom to make the pears sit in the dish without wobbling.
- Dot each pear with butter. Pour apple juice around pears.
- Bake uncovered at 180 degrees C for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender; basting several times.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate