Be the first to make this!
My wife loves macaroons and this is her favourite version of the recipe. We love sharing them on a trip to the park.
1 1/4 cups (125g) almond meal
1 cup (225g) caster sugar
1/4 cup (30g) brown rice flour
1 teaspoon almond essence
2 egg whites, stiffly whisked
split blanched almonds
Extra time:35min ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Use a metal spoon carefully to fold the almond meal, caster sugar and rice flour into the stiffly whisked egg whites. Then fold in the almond essence.
- Line some baking trays with rice paper and spoon small scoops of the mixture onto the rice paper, leaving plenty of space for each to spread out.
- Put a split almond on top of each macaroon and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut the excess rice paper from the base of each macaroon and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate