1 / 1
24 people made this
This is the basic Scottish shortbread recipe. The cornflour improves the crumbly texture which is part of the tradition. You can add chocolate, raisins and nuts if you want.
50g caster sugar
3/4 cup (90g) plain flour
- Preaheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add both flours and knead briefly.
- Press into an 18cm round tin (ungreased). You can prick if you want, but this is not essential.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until slightly coloured.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices with a non serated knife.
Light texture and nice small mix, rather than many of the other recipes that have 4-5 cups of flour in their recipes.
- 23 Mar 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate