1 / 1 Picture by: Yelims11
Corned Beef in the Slow Cooker
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 litre water
- 1 (2kg) corned beef silverside
- 3/4 cup (190ml) beer
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
Preparation:15min › Cook:9hours › Ready in:9hours15min
- Place the carrots, potatoes and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water and place the beef on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the beef. Add the spices, cover and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the beef for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!