Pine Nut Biscuits
1 / 6
2 / 6
3 / 6
4 / 6
5 / 6
6 / 6
153 people made this
These are a variation on the Italian 'Pignoli' biscuit. They are pleasantly sweet, made with marzipan and pine nuts but no flour.
1/2 cup (125g) white sugar
1 cup (170g) icing sugar
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Line 2 baking trays with foil; lightly grease foil.
- Mix marzipan and white sugar in food processor until smooth. Add icing sugar and 2 egg whites; process until smooth.
- Whisk remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl.
- Place pine nuts on shallow plate. With lightly floured hands roll dough into 2cm balls. Coat balls in egg whites shaking off excess then roll in pine nuts, pressing lightly to stick.
- Arrange balls on baking trays and flatten slightly to form a 4cm round.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven or until lightly browned. Let stand on baking tray 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate