1 / 1 Picture by: kris.c
Easy Marshmallow Fondant
- 65g butter
- 500g marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1kg icing sugar, divided
Preparation:29min › Cook:1min › Ready in:30min
- Place the butter in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place the marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 30 seconds to 1 minute to start melting the marshmallows. Carefully stir the water and vanilla essence into the hot marshmallows and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly mix in the icing sugar a cup at a time until you have a sticky dough. Reserve 1 cup of powdered sugar for kneading. The dough will be very stiff.
- Rub your hands thoroughly with butter and begin kneading the sticky dough. As you knead the dough will become workable and pliable.
- Turn the dough out onto a working surface dusted with icing sugar and continue kneading until the fondant is smooth and no longer sticky to the touch; 5 to 10 minutes.
- Form the fondant into a ball then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To use: allow the fondant to come to room temperature then roll it out onto a flat surface dusted with icing sugar.
Best marshmallow fondant recipe I have tried. Rolls nicely, easy to color, and it even tastes good! - 14 Aug 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!