1 / 1 Picture by: YoungMama84
Green Vegetable Pasta
- 250g pappardelle pasta (broad fettuccine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 crown broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g fresh green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh basil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; 8 to 10 minutes. Drain reserving some pasta water. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium high heat. Add zucchini then cook and stir until zucchini begins to brown around the edges but is still firm.
- Stir in asparagus, broccoli and green beans then continue to cook until vegetables turn bright green in colour; about 3 minutes. Add spring onions and chickpeas then cook and stir until vegetables are lightly browned around the edges.
- Add reserved pasta water to vegetables. Cover frypan then reduce heat to low and simmer until chickpeas are heated through and vegetables are just tender.
- Stir vegetables and basil into pasta then season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with crumbled feta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!