Chicken and Capsicum Pasta Salad
Serves : 8
- 1 (500g) pack farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- handful chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Cook farfalle according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 2 minutes, then stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from frying pan, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in same frying pan. Sauté red onion, all the capsicums and the zucchini until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine farfalle, chicken, salt and pepper, the basil and the balsamic vinegar. Toss until evenly distributed.
This dish gets better with age! Every day it is in the fridge the tastes soak into the noodles and chicken. I make this on the weekend and take it to work with me all week. You have to love vinegar though! - 29 Sep 2008
I was disappointed by this... firstly mine doesnt look as amazing as the one in the image... secondly I had to flood it with balsamic vinegar - 18 Jan 2013
I thought this would be one of those simple dishes that ends up being really tasty, but it just wasn't at all. I like balsamic, love chicken, love capsicum...but they just didn't mesh for me here. - 24 Nov 2011