Fried Zucchini Patties
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or your favourite seasoning)
- 1/4 cup (30g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg and butter. Stir in breadcrumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Coat in flour.
- In a medium frypan, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
I had all sorts of trouble with this. The final result was so tasteless I ended up tossing them. Main problem was the mix was so wet that it wouldnt hold together, so I had to add more flour (ran out of breadcrumbs) to get a dryer mix. Major overhaul needed - 19 Mar 2013